About Us | History
Alliance was founded in 1953 in Rochester, New York, as a tool and die shop serving local and national manufacturing companies. The company initially built stamping dies, trim dies, and die-castings. Alliance created a foothold into injection molding in the early sixties when it acquired its first two machines, which were soon molding medical parts. By the 1980s, we had expanded our molding business to over 30 machines. The acquisition of the assets of Amplaco and Nylomold division from Renaissance Plastics in 2002 boosted manufacturing capability to over 70 presses and added significant expertise in contract assembly operation. Alliance has Class 100,000 (FDA Class 8) certified clean room operation, dedicated primarily to medical and electronic customers. Alliance offers customers an unparalleled range of plastic manufacturing and assembly capabilities.
In 2010 Alliance entered into a joint venture between with McAlpin Industries, Inc. AMMEX (Alliance-McAlpin MX, S de RL de DV),, which offers contract manufacturing services with a focus on value-added plastics, metals, welding, and assembly services, from its facility in Ramos Arizpe, Mexico, near Monterrey.
In 2012, Alliance acquired certain assets of Molding Dynamics Inc., a 35,000 square-foot facility located in Spindale, North Carolina. Alliance now operates over 100 injection molding presses in four different manufacturing facilities totaling nearly 275,000 square feet. In 2014, Alliance expanded the Spindale facility to a 52,500 square foot plant.