About Us | Employment
Alliance is growing! Alliance offers a wide range of challenging employment opportunities in the plastics injection molding field.
Alliance Precision Plastics is a stable, growth-oriented manufacturing organization that has been in business for over 69 years with a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, short term & long term disability, paid time off , holidays, tuition reimbursement, apprenticeship programs, and 401k with company match. Competitive wages and a clean work environment make Alliance Precision Plastics a great place for a career.
Below are some of the current open positions where we are seeking qualified candidates. Some openings may not be listed below - you can use any link and change the position applying for at the start of your application. Please forward contact information and/or resume to HR@allianceppc.com
- Responsible to lead and manage the construction of injection molds, engineering changes to existing molds
- Must possess a wide range of skills and understand all aspects of machines, machining and tool building.
- Debug new molds and provide guidance/input to design engineering with improvement suggestions
- Establish, supervise, and perform methods of construction for molds to meet the hours and delivery quoted.
- Work with and direct apprentices, special machine operators, mold maintenance personnel.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- NYS Journeyman papers required.
- 5-10 years of experience in mold making and or toolroom following apprenticeship.
Injection Mold Repair / Toolmaker
- Repair molds as needed & keep records of repairs
- Coordinate with specialty departments to assist in mold repair activities.
- Clean and maintain molds
- Assist with building fixtures
- Maintain secondary equipment or mold support as needed
- Must be able to perform other related duties as necessary
- Must possess safe work practices.
- Demonstrates proficiency in injection mold design
- Deliver complete fabrication ready 3D mold designs for injection mold tooling.
- Develop and integrate new mold design approaches, and new mold design technology.
- Develop mold design concepts consistent with SPI specifications and standard mold building practices
- Understands common mechanical functions including hydraulics, pneumatics, electronic instrumentation, and servo driven actions
- Proficiency with Solidworks and/or Siemens NX preferred
- Work with program managers and customers to fully understand molded part design requirements
- Conduct Design for Manufacturing (DFM) reviews and integrate the outputs from these review into mold designs
- Leverage Modeling and Simulation studies such as moldflow analysis to improve and optimize mold designs for productivity and longevity.
- 4 year engineering degree (Mechanical) with medical device related background or technical degree in Mold Design or equivalent
- 3-5 years design experience on injection molding tool design preferably in Solid works and/or NX
Machine Operator - Rochester, NY or Spindale, NC or Assembly Operator - Rochester, NY
- Operate plastic injection molding machines within job specifications to meet customer needs or manual, semi-automated assembly of plastic parts and components.
- Read, interpret instructions and follow directions for the production of plastic molded parts of each assigned job.
- Use cutting equipment, such as knives and clippers, to trim gates and flash.
- Inspect, pack and label product as per documented work instructions
Production Maintenance Technician- Rochester, NY
Must possess a wide range of technical skills including knowledge of manufacturing automation, robotics, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing, electrical, welding and HVAC (certifications in these areas would be helpful).
- Experience with plastic injection presses by Engel, Cincinnati, Toshiba and Sumitomo is preferred.
- Must be able to operate a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be forklift trained or willing to learn
- Must be comfortable in a manufacturing environment.
- Must possess safe work practices and be knowledgeable of OSHA related standards.
- Normal work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Must be able to work overtime, including weekends, when required. Also off-shift position available
- High School diploma or GED is required. Related technical coursework is preferable.
- 3-5 years of facilities Maintenance experience is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of energy and motivation
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to work with various individuals in a workplace that values diversity
Quality Inspector - B or C shift Rochester, NY or Quality Assistant - A shift Spindale, NC
- Use and possess knowledge of measuring equipment including height gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators for use during routing checks and inspections of materials and production for both in-process and finished.
- In-process and final audits for productions
- Perform first piece start-up
- Requires familiarity with plastic injection molded parts
CNC Setup Programmer
- Must be familiar with programming G/M Code for HAAS CNC Milling Centers.
- Able to set-up either complicated or simple jobs and program settings as related to tool offsets, tool feeds and speeds, etc.
- Monitor machine operations and inspect machined parts to ensure job specifications are met.
- Able to read and interpret shop papers, program instructions and/or blueprints regarding each assigned job.
- Must possess a working knowledge of machining operations and familiarity with hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- May repair, create or adapt fixtures, holding devices and other materials for production.
Production Material Handler - B or C shift Rochester
- Maintain material levels on all production machines to avoid downtime
- Drain and clean hoppers from previous jobs and remove all materials from machines
- Setup appropriate auxiliary equipment, grinders, blenders, etc. as required for each job.
- Remove products from production floor and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Please note this is not a warehouse position.
Setup / Process Technician - B or C shift Rochester, NY or A shift Spindale, NC
- Prepares plastic injection molding presses to begin the molding process using various molds and resins.
- Must be able to perform multiple set-ups as required in a fast-paced work environment, with a high concentration on safety, quality and production schedules.
- Must be able to work with a variety of presses, including but not limited to Engel, Cincinnati, Sumitomo, VanDorn/Demag and Toshiba.
- Must be familiar with a variety of engineering grade thermoplastic resins.
Warehouse / Inventory Control - B shift Rochester, NY
- Return to stock materials from molding completed work orders.
- Stage materials for startup of new orders
- Monthly WIP inventory
- Cycle counts monthly and adjust counts as needed
- Perform shipping and receiving as needed
- Year-end physical inventory
- Must be able to move materials to supply production or prepare for shipment
- Must be able to maintain fork truck license and operator powered trucks and lifts
- Must be proficient with computer and paperwork for transactions
Lead Production Operators- all shifts Spindale, NC
- Operate and monitor injection molding machines
- Assist in training operators including test of understandning
- Communicate at shift cross-over
- Make boxes and make sure operators have necessary materials & supplies
- Monitor works and quality throughout molding
- Assist with breaks & lunches
- Evaluate count discrepancies
- May be responsible for moving production and documenting quantity as well as additional forms
- Follow through on all jobs to verify if complete and data entry
- Process documentation on forms or in systems and return files
- Must be proficient with computer and paperwork for transactions
General Labor or Position not listed above
If you are unsure which position is best suited for you or the position isn't listed above, complete this application. We will get back to you with information regarding any opportunities that align with your experience and skill set.
- Also some openings may not be listed above - you can use any link and change the position applying for at the start of your application.
To inquire about these or additional opportunities, please contact the Human Resources Department: HR@allianceppc.com