About Us | Employment
Alliance is growing! Alliance is a progressive and growing company offering a wide range of challenging employment opportunities in the plastics injection molding field.
Alliance Precision Plastics is a stable, growth-oriented manufacturing organization that has been in business for over 65 years with a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, pet insurance, short term & long term disability paid time off (holidays, preventive care, vacation), tuition reimbursement, apprenticeship programs, and 401k with company match. Competitive wages and a clean work environment make Alliance Precision Plastics a great place for a career.
Below are the current open positions where we are seeking qualified candidates. Some openings may not be listed below - you can use any link and change the position applying for at the start of your application. Please forward contact information and/or resume to HR@allianceppc.com
Machine Operator - Rochester, NY or Spindale, NC or Assembly Operator - Rochester, NY
- Operate plastic injection molding machines within job specifications to meet customer needs or manual, semi-automated assembly of plastic parts and components.
- Read, interpret instructions and follow directions for the production of plastic molded parts of each assigned job.
- Use cutting equipment, such as knives and clippers, to trim gates and flash.
- Inspect, pack and label product as per documented work instructions
Quality Inspector - B or C shift Rochester, NY or C shift Spindale, NC
- Use and possess knowledge of measuring equipment including height gages, calipers, micrometers, comparators for use during routing checks and inspections of materials and production for both in-process and finished.
- In-process and final audits for productions
- Perform first piece start-up
- Requires familiarity with plastic injection molded parts
CNC Setup Programmer
- Must be familiar with programming G/M Code for HAAS CNC Milling Centers.
- Able to set-up either complicated or simple jobs and program settings as related to tool offsets, tool feeds and speeds, etc.
- Monitor machine operations and inspect machined parts to ensure job specifications are met.
- Able to read and interpret shop papers, program instructions and/or blueprints regarding each assigned job.
- Must possess a working knowledge of machining operations and familiarity with hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- May repair, create or adapt fixtures, holding devices and other materials for production.
Production Material Handler - B or C shift Rochester, B or C shift Spindale
- Maintain material levels on all production machines to avoid downtime
- Drain and clean hoppers from previous jobs and remove all materials from machines
- Setup appropriate auxiliary equipment, grinders, blenders, etc. as required for each job.
- Remove products from production floor and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Please note this is not a warehouse position.
Setup / Process Technician - B or C shift Rochester, NY or B or C shift Spindale, NC
- Prepares plastic injection molding presses to begin the molding process using various molds and resins.
- Must be able to perform multiple set-ups as required in a fast-paced work environment, with a high concentration on safety, quality and production schedules.
- Must be able to work with a variety of presses, including but not limited to Engel, Cincinnati, Sumitomo, VanDorn/Demag and Toshiba.
- Must be familiar with a variety of engineering grade thermoplastic resins.
Warehouse / Inventory Control - B shift Rochester, NY or A shift Spindale, NC
- Return to stock materials from molding completed work orders.
- Stage materials for startup of new orders
- Monthly WIP inventory
- Cycle counts monthly and adjust counts as needed
- Perform shipping and receiving as needed
- Year-end physical inventory
- Must be able to move materials to supply production or prepare for shipment
- Must be able to maintain fork truck license and operator powered trucks and lifts
- Must be proficient with computer and paperwork for transactions
Tool & Mold Repair - Rochester, NY or Spindale, NC
- Clean & maintain molds & descale tools
- Repair molds as needed
- Know and understand all aspects of machining and tool building
- Maintain mold storage
- May be required to build fixtures and maintain secondary equipment
- Must be able to maintain fork truck license and operator powered trucks and lifts
- Cleaning work area
- Must be able to log work in computer and on paper & keep records
Journeyed Mold Maker / Tool Maker - Rochester, NY
- Must possess a wide range of skills and understand all aspects of machines, machining and tool build.
- Must be able to establish method of construction for molds to meet the hours and delivery quoted.
- Must be able to assist in the quoting of molds
- Must be able to perform other related duties as necessary
- Must possess safe work practices.
- Must be able to train and manage apprentices, special machine operators, mold maintenance personnel.
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Apprenticeship with appropriate coursework required.
- 5 of experience in mold making and or tool room following apprenticeship.
Project Engineer - Rochester, NY
- Requires ability to manage projects. Organize, communicate, plan and execute program needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to design and conduct analysis of products through all phases of product quality, planning and design.
- Prepare, carry out or recommend changes in tool and or fixture designed, alterations and change or material specifications, dimension, methods, etc.
- Conduct assignments to develop new methods, designs, cost estimates or resolve engineering problems involved in manufacture of products.
- Work with engineering and manufacturing personnel to complete research, process improvement, design, redesign and development of products.
- Continuous improvement reviews to reduce waste and improve profit.
- Familiar with mold design and build as it relates to managing projects.
- Must possess good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to work with all employees and to lead and perform in team environment.
- Troubleshoot and problem solves internal and external customer issues.
- Maintain documentation in database and ensure company procedures are followed.
Materials Manager / Supply Chain Manager - Rochester, NY
- Collaborate with other managers to determine supply needs
- Purchase supplies and materials according to specifications
- Coordinate and supervise receiving and warehousing procedures
- Oversee distribution of supplies in the organization
- Control inventory levels and ensure availability of materials
- Supervise, evaluate and coach subordinates
- Maintain relationships and negotiate with suppliers
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications
- Assist in forecasting to plan future orders
- Proven experience as materials manager
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Understanding of forecasting and budgeting
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- A problem-solver
- BSc/BA in logistics or relevant field
Sales Engineer / Business Unit Manager - Rochester, NY
- Marketing and Sales Development of new accounts.
- Primary customer contact managing sales process for assigned customer accounts or area in all aspects of business relationship.
- Maintains contact with assigned manufacturer representatives as consultant.
- Manages and develops assigned customer forecasting.
- Demonstrates leadership skills by influencing, driving for results, and resource commitment.
- Provides sales expertise including leading customer negotiations, developing pricing strategies, and managing a portfolio of business accounts.
- Coordinates assigned projects with internal engineering, manufacturing, tooling and quality as required. Provide technical consultation throughout all phases of product development cycle.
- Develops and provides project cost quotes and schedules. Coordinates all project related business decisions such as sourcing and scheduling
- Support all sales initiatives.
If you are unsure which position is best suited for you or the position isn't listed above, complete the General Labor application.
We will get back to you with information regarding any opportunities that align with your experience and skill set.